MUSIC AT PALMARSH
As well as being part of our curriculum, Music is at the heart of our fun, celebrations and seasonal festivities throughout the year!
- We enjoy regular, weekly singing assemblies
- SINGING STARS after-school club is run by Mrs Small on a WEDNESDAY from 3.15pm to 4.15pm. All children in Years 3 to 6 are very welcome - there are places available. Please see Mrs Delo or Mrs Mac if you wish to sign up (adult permission required).
- Currently, the Singing Stars are working, in conjunction with JAM (John Armitage Memorial), towards an exciting summer concert in St Leonard's Church, Hythe, (July 2019). In order to prepare for this concert, together with Mrs Small, various vocal coaches will be visiting club sessions in the run up to the concert - very exciting!
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave them with Mrs Delo or Mrs Mac in the front office, for the attention of Mrs Small.
- Each child in our school has the opportunity to learn to play the recorder during Music lessons, at no additional cost (a recorder has been provided for every child in our school, by our amazing PTA committee)
- Trumpets are provided by the school for whole-class teaching sessions, during KS2 - we are fortunate to have an excellent visiting trumpet teacher with many years experience
- There are often other opportunities for our children to show off their musical talents - for example, at our PALMARSH HAS TALENT event, during the year
Mrs Small is our Music Lead at Palmarsh - if you have any specific questions for her, regarding Music, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND UPDATES...