Good Morning Everyone,
We hope that you are all keeping safe and well.
Your class teachers have uploaded this weeks activities to the class pages, some pages have also got further links to follow or there are additional links under the Parents tab>School Closure useful links. Accelerated Reader, Purple Mash and Times Table Rockstars links can be found under the Children tab> useful links.
Also, to try and cheer you up a little, all the staff have written you a little message. thank you to all the staff and to Mrs James for putting the video together. The Palmarsh Carrot, Please paste click on the link
If we can help with anything over the coming weeks please do not hesitate to contact us via the emails already given out.
All the Staff at Palmarsh
It has been announced this afternoon that schools in England will be closing this Friday 20th March to all except the children of key workers and vulnerable children. At the time of writing this there are still many details to be confirmed with the Department for Education and the Local Authority.
Actions we are taking in school
We are supervising regular handwashing for all children in school to ensure they are washing for the recommended 20 seconds and that they are using soap.
We have hand sanitiser in all classrooms.
Additional cleaning is taking place throughout the day.
We have staggered lunchtimes, so that fewer children are in the lunch hall at any one time to support social distancing.
We have temporarily stopped assemblies.
Symptoms of Coronavirus
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Please see link below to the NHS website with further information.
Current guidance from Public Health England on self isolation
- if you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 10 days from when your symptoms started.
- if you live with others and you are the first in the household to have symptoms of coronavirus, then then you must stay at home for 10 days, but all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 10 days. The 10-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- for anyone else in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 10 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 10 day isolation period.