Y3- Owl Class
Hi Owl class,
We hope you are all keeping safe and well.
Wow thanks to all of you that join us for our zoom meeting last Friday and joined in with the class quiz. You have remembered so much from all of our previous learning. Don't forget to ask your parents to email me so I can send you your certificate!
Will be in touch with details for our next zoom meeting.
Take care, keep smiling and keep safe.
Love Miss Samson and Mrs James.
Home Learning Term 6 Week 7
Home Learning T6 W6
Home Learning T6 W5
Complete English talk for writing scheme.
Home Learning T6 W4 - Have changed the maths worksheets to the correct ones. Sorry for sending last weeks.
Home Learning T6 W3
Home Learning Term 6 Week 2
Home Learning Term 6 Week 1
Home Learning Term 5 Week 5
Home Learning Term 5 week 4
Home Learning Term 5 Week 3
Home learning Term 5 Week 2
Home learning Term 5 Week 1
Home learning Easter activities
Home learning 2020
Just a little something to say well done for staying safe at this unusual time.
Welcome to Year 3!
With Miss Samson and Mrs James.
Some key information.
Homework Term 1
English - Term 3 - Writing to Entertain Term 4- Writing to Inform
English book focus
Coverage this term will be :
Multiplication and Division -
- recall and use multiplication and division facts for the 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables
- write and calculate mathematical statements for multiplication and division using the multiplication tables that they know, including for two-digit numbers times one-digit numbers, using mental and progressing to formal written methods
- solve problems, including missing number problems, involving multiplication and division, including positive integer scaling problems and correspondence problems in which n objects are connected to m objects
We will be using Timestables Rockstars at school to support our learning and recall of different times tables. All children have been given their login details as this can be played at home. If your child has not got their login then please do not hesitate to ask for another one!
- add and subtract amounts of money to give change, using both £ and p in practical contexts
- interpret and present data using bar charts, pictograms and tables
- solve one-step and two-step questions [for example, ‘How many more?’ and ‘How many fewer?’] using information presented in scaled bar charts and pictograms and tables.
Length and Perimeter -
- measure, compare, add and subtract: lengths (m/cm/mm)
- measure the perimeter of simple 2-D shapes
- count up and down in tenths; recognise that tenths arise from dividing an object into 10 equal parts and in dividing one-digit numbers or quantities by 10
- recognise, find and write fractions of a discrete set of objects: unit fractions and nonunit fractions with small denominators
- recognise and use fractions as numbers: unit fractions and non-unit fractions with small denominators
- recognise and show, using diagrams, equivalent fractions with small denominators
- add and subtract fractions with the same denominator within one whole [for example,
7 5 + 7 1 = 7 6]
- compare and order unit fractions, and fractions with the same denominators
- solve problems that involve all of the above.